Employment & Industrial Relations
Muscat Mizzi represent both employers and employees with a broad range of work-related issues across the entire spectrum of employment law.
From complex litigation to traditional employment relations, collective bargaining, executive compensation and immigration matters, Muscat Mizzi is well positioned to assist clients navigate the legal and regulatory landscape of employment law. Our experience includes:
- Representing and advising clients resolve trade secrets and restrictive covenants disputes arising from hiring of employees;
- Assisting with the transfer of employees in the context of a transfer of business;
- Developing, negotiating and drafting employment, non-competition and service agreements;
- Developing employee incentives for optimum work performance;
- Evaluating the legal and commercial risks associated with the termination of employment, including collective redundancies
- Representing and advising clients in relation to claims of unfair dismissal.
Muscat Mizzi also provides specialised immigration services to employers looking to recruit talent from outside of Malta through its related company, RC Malta. The company provides consultancy in relation to residency and employment programmes in Malta and acts as a liaison with the respective government departments until the issue of the relative work and residence permits.